Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they provide a topic for a Top Ten list. Check out the link to see what topics they have planned for the coming weeks.
It’s the first Top Ten Tuesday of 2016, so it makes sense to use this opportunity to map out my goals for this year.
The Bookish Goals:
- Read more books (I’m aiming for 50). Just because.
- Engage with books in a more creative way, e.g. write more interesting book related discussions from different angles.
- Keep a reading journal for all my bookish thoughts, including reviews and the weird ways I connect the books I read together in my head (which helps me to achieve goal two).
- Make good use of my new Kindle Paperwhite. It’s a real pleasure to read books on the Paperwhite. I’ve only had it since Christmas, but it’s already made a massively positive impact on my reading
- Fully embrace the wonders of listening to audiobooks (and cool podcasts). When I was little I loved audiobooks even more than I loved paper books. I was always getting new ones from the library and going through cassette players at a startling rate. I started to properly embrace audiobooks again last year so I’ve decided to g the whole way and subscribe to audible this year.
The Not-So-Bookish Goals:
- Make sure I go on a long walk everyday. It’s good for me and I enjoy the fresh air.
- Write. Write all the time, like my life depends on it. I’m also going to try and stop being afraid of mucking up all my devastatingly pretty (and devastatingly empty) notebooks. I will fill them with stuff
- Visit new places, specifically Scotland, and scrapbook my adventures.
- Go to the cinema more often. On New Year’s day I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens at my local Odeon and, gosh, did I love the experience.
- Make new and close friends. I had a really deep think about things the other day and realised I only have one proper friend who is neither a member of my family or my dog. Thus it would probably be a good experience for me to open myself up more to potentially making some more friends.
- Learn about photography.
What are your resolutions for 2016?